Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Crew is Alive!!!

Happily, the crew also finished Badwater is excellent condition!  We have only a serious papercut, a hangnail, and a few bruises and sore muscles to show for our 135 mile adventure.  We had an outstanding time crewing for Lorie, trying to make each mile pass by as quickly and enjoyably as possible.  We may have set new standards for crewing at Badwater, and I'm suggesting that those "standards" may actually become "rules."  You know, no speedos and water wings, no dance parties in the middle of the highway, no naughty nurse costumes...  We had a great time and more importantly, were able to keep Lorie smiling (usually) and her core temperature on day 1 at 98.4!  That in 118 degree heat is strong work, in our humble opinion.  Yesterday was a true test of a finish as well particularly coming at the end.  Temps in the 90's and a vertical climb to finish at the impressive Mt. Whitney.  Thank you for all of your support and kind words for Lorie and for us.  We loved being able to login and see what you've all written.  We'll attend the pizza party and awards tonight and then begin the drive back to UT for some normal temps and maybe a little par-tay-ing.

2 comments:

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

Lorie, Lorie, Lorie. Man, you don't even know the bragging rights I have because of you. My friends are completely sick of hearing about how cool you are! I think they are going to kill me soon, but I won't stop cuz you totally ROCK! Oh and way to go team. Cant forget you guys. Great job!
Natalie

Marie Rose said...

because I am in total amazement of how seriously cool my aunt it is...I've even paid tribute to her on my blog, so I as well, can brag about how she's super human! Again great job! check out my blog to see the scrapbook pages I made in your honor. To reiterate what Natalie said...YOU ROCK!
lmrose.blogspot.com