Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Amazing Lorie!!

Being a part of the crew has been fabulous...the views, the sweat, the cheering, the sweat, the bathroom breaks.... the sweat...All kidding aside it has been a privledge to have been able to crew with Nurse Betty and the gang for Lorie who showed such amazing strength and grace in an event that just still seems unimaginable even though I just witnessed it.  I think my muscles that are the most sore are in my abs.....from all the laughing I did with fellow crewmembers there was truly some fine entertainment!  Buddha Steve and I had the night shift which was fabulous for me since I got to run with Lorie to Father Crowley Point under the glorious dark starry filled night sky with a yellow moon, cooler temps, and a nice breeze... a memory I will always love.  We also got to be with Lorie as she passed the 100 mile point absolutely flying down the pass at sunrise..... very cool. Thank you to Margaret as crew chief who organized everything and kept us all together and smiling, and thank you to Lorie for an adventure I will never forget! Much love and cheering to all.......tube socks rule!
Andrea 

No comments: